Soma AUM Meditation
- As we begin this exercise make sure that you are aloud to be not disturbed.
- Relax all the tension from the top of your head to the end of your toes.
- Sit yourself in a position so that your back is allowed to remain upright, but not uncomfortably so.
- Place your hands face up, unfolded on your lap.
- Slowly take a deep breath now, as your relax the tension around your eye brows, relax the tension around your throat, your shoulders, torso, back and chest.
- Now take a slow deep breath, and as you exhale, release all the tension in your body.
- Bring your awareness from any past point, or from any future point, which you believe is happening at a time which is not now, and realize that all is now, all is folded in to one eternal now moment.
- Close your eyelids, and again release all the tension in your body with one big exhalation.
- Now take a deep diaphragmatic breath, making sure your abdomen rises as you breath, for a count of 4 seconds.
- On your out breath chant the sacred chant Aum with the full syllables focusing on Aaaa, then Uuuuu, then Mmmmm – feeling and enhancing the vibrations on each region of your body with your intention.
- Now repeat this exercise again for 5-10 minute. Breath in Chant Aum. Then observe how you feel more relaxed and calm the end of it.
- For next 7 minutes visualize yourself healthy, happy and vibrant. Really clearly picture yourself in full health, free to do all the things you always wanted to do.
- Imagine the scene in great detail.
- What would you be wearing? What would you be doing? Who would you be doing it with?
- Have fun and really try to bring up the emotions of what it would be like to be free, happy and healthy.
- You can then keep repeating the mantra and the visualizations or just fall into a nice relaxed deep sleep full of wonderful dreams. You may use this at any time to help you reduce stress and anxiety, but if you begin to visualize the things that you want to create into your life you can do this after you have chanted AUM.
Repeat the same meditation as above but play around with different tones that vibrate on different areas of your body. You will notice that higher pitches and more humm like sounds will vibrate your face and head. Lower pitches and more Haaaa like deeper tones will vibrate lower regions of your body like chest and abdomen.
The secret is to find the tone that resonates with you most. It will be the one that when sung will give you a euphoric rush or pleasurable tingly sensation all over, and an instinctive feeling that this is your ‘tone’.