What Is The Method Used For?
BRAIN HEALTH: Restores balance in the left and right hemispheres of the brain
TOXINS: Helps to remove toxins
NERVOUS SYSTEM: Rejuvenates the nervous system and reduces stress and anxiety
CARDIAC HEALTH: Increases autonomic modulation of the heart or Heart rate variability (HRV)
Each nostril functions on a cycle of dominance which is usually between 2-2.5 hours. You can test this dominance by blocking one nostril and breathing in and out then blocking the other nostril doing the same. You will discover one nostril is clearer or easier to breathe through than the other. This is the more dominant nostril while the other will be more sedated.
Each nostril channel stimulates areas specific to that channel. Eg: When there is too much heat in your system, breathing through the left nostril only will help to cool things down. Just as when there is insufficient heat, breathing through the right nostril will help to warm your system.
How to do the method:
1. Hold your right nostril shut with either your finger or your hand
2. Inhale through your left nostril making sure you breathe deeply (belly rises)
3. Hold your left nostril shut
4. Open the right nostril and exhale
5. Inhale through the right nostril keeping your left nostril shut
6. Close the right nostril and exhale through the left nostril
7. Repeat this cycle for at least ten times or at least 5 mins or longer. The more you do the easy it becomes.