(Nisshesha Rechaka Pranayama)
This technique covers two of the techniques used in The Awakening Ceremony. Rhythmic breathing and the extended out-breath. Rhythmic breathing is required to perform the extended out-breath. The extended out-breath lowers your oxygen levels in your blood so you go into intermittent hypoxia.
What is the method used for?
CARDIAC HEALTH: Improves circulation due to vasodilation and growth of new blood vessels.
BRAIN HEALTH: Blood flow is improved to organs that use up a lot of oxygen like your brain. This may even lead to activation of dormant parts of the brain, improving cognitive function and memory.
ANTI-AGING/LONGEVITY: May activate stem cells into circulation for regenerating cells in your body.
ENDURANCE: Improves fitness and stamina as you produce more red blood cells, new blood vessels and increase blood flow to your organs.
RAPID TARGETED HEALING: Combined with additional visualizing exercises you can invoke a healing response in your body for quicker healing times. This is also very useful if you have cut or grazed your skin.
For Self Healing
How to do the method:
- Do this in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position. Place the pulse oximeter on your finger tip if you are using one.
- Inhale fully through both nostrils filling up your lungs completely with oxygen. You can get more oxygen into your lungs by imagining your nostrils are in your back as your lungs are actually located in your back. Imaging breathing into your back and expand your chest fully, including your abdomen that should rise first.
- Then as you get to the top of your inhalation, just simply let go and exhale with no force letting the natural weight of gravity let the air out. As you get to the bottom of your exhalation, breathe in fully again, so you create a continuous connected rhythmical breathing pattern. Imagine your lungs are like bellows, breathing in more oxygen to make the fire burn brighter. Do 20-30 repetitions until you feel tingly or light headed. You will see your SpO2 rise up to 99 or even 100% signalling you are fully saturated with oxygen.
- After the final exhalation, hold your breath with absolutely no air in your lungs for as long as you possibly can. By making a hissing sound you can completely remove all the air from your lungs. It may feel a bit uncomfortable at first, but you will get used to it as you practice.
- At around 1-1:30 minutes of holding your breath you will notice your blood saturation begins to drop fast. Go gradually and slowly at first till you are able to comfortable drop your saturation below 90%. This is usually enough to trigger the positive stress response in the body. Around 80% is when the magic starts happening with your stem cells. The more advanced technique I call Soma is a ritual that will get your saturation down even lower to 50% and below.
- When you can no longer hold your breath, take a quick inhalation, then quickly exhale again and repeat, by making a hissing sound to remove all the air from your lungs. This will further bring your oxygen levels down. You can repeat this a few times for as long as you feel comfortable.
- Do at least 2 rounds of the full sequence above that consists of continuous breathing followed by breatholds each morning on an empty stomach.
- During the breath holding phase you will go into a deeply relaxed meditative state. Use this time to visualize stem cells moving around your body and going to the areas where you want new cells to be generated or healing to occur.
- ADD ON: When you can no longer hold your breath, you can perform energy on your final inhalation and tightly squeeze the area you want to send the generated energy for healing and rejuvenation to. You can then hold your breath on the inhalation for as long as you feel comfortable.